allmodconfig builds failing to link on arm64

Will Deacon will at kernel.org
Fri Apr 8 04:54:07 PDT 2022

Hi folks,

Since -rc1 (although I haven't tried bisecting the merge window), I'm
not able to link allmodconfig for arm64:

aarch64-linux-gnu-ld: .init.data has both ordered [`__patchable_function_entries' in init/main.o] and unordered [`.init_array.1' in virt/lib/irqbypass.o] sections
aarch64-linux-gnu-ld: final link failed: bad value
make: *** [Makefile:1158: vmlinux] Error 1

I'm using an Android clang based on 12.0.6 and LD claims to be
2.33.1.20191209.

Is anybody else having problems? The linker error is useless enough that I
haven't found time to dig any further into it and the build robots haven't
reported any failures to my knowledge. The only similar report I found in
the archive is:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/85bfe02c-9432-c5b0-04e0-8096adf37b93@gmx.com/#t

which apparently went away after a make clean whereas mine persists.

Will