Question: the status for SMMUv2 PMU driver

Robin Murphy robin.murphy at arm.com
Fri Oct 22 06:04:07 PDT 2021

Hi Leo,

On 2021-10-22 11:55, Leo Yan wrote:
> Hi Will, Robin,
>
> [ + Arm mailing list ]
>
> Linux mainline kernel has supported SMMUv3 PMU with the driver
> drivers/perf/arm_smmuv3_pmu.c, but it misses to support SMMUv2 PMU
> driver.
>
> So I want to confirm if there have any existed SMMUv2 PMU driver
> can be referred, or if any block issue for upstreaming SMMUv2
> driver?  Thank you for suggestions and insights.

I wrote one years ago, but it never got to the point of upstreaming
since although there were some initial hints of interest, nobody ever
followed up actually asking for it.

I've just checked and found my old dev branch (based on 4.17-rc1!), but
it's not in a fit state to share as-is.

Cheers,
Robin.