[GIT PULL] arm64: dts64: mediatek updates for v5.16

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Mon Oct 11 13:34:46 PDT 2021

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 11:58 AM Matthias Brugger
<matthias.bgg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Arnd and Olof,
>
> Here come the latest updates for arm64 DTS cahgnes.
> Biggest change is, that we have now support for a reset controller inside the
> mmsys. This goes inhand with changes to the driver, that you will find in the
> soc pull request.
>

>    arm64: dts: mt8183: Add the mmsys reset bit to reset the dsi0 (2021-10-08
> 15:11:14 +0200)

> - mt8173: add reset for dsi0 to mmsys
> - move dt-bindings reset controller includes to correct folder
> - split PCIe node to use new format for mt2712 and mt7622
> - mt8183: add audio node to chromebook devices
> - mt8192: add clock controller node

I skipped this one for now, need some clarification. The PCIe node
looks like you are doing an incompatible change to the DT binding,
but that is something that should be explained in the tag description
or (ideally) avoided if at all possible.

Did I misread that patch, or did you forget about it here?

On a related note, the tag description should better have full
sentences like your introductory text above it, that makes for
a better changelog text in the end. Enumerating all the changes
is not helpful here because the list of commits is also part of
the changeset description after I commit it.

          Arnd