[patch 33/37] iommu/arm-smmu-v3: Use msi_get_virq()

Robin Murphy robin.murphy at arm.com
Mon Nov 29 06:54:18 PST 2021

On 2021-11-29 14:42, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

>>> Prviously, if retrieval of the MSI failed then we'd fall back to wired
>>> interrupts. Now, I think we'll clobber the interrupt with 0 instead. Can
>>> we make the assignments to smmu->*irq here conditional on the MSI being
>>> valid, please?
>>
>> I was just looking at that too, but reached the conclusion that it's
>> probably OK, since consumption of this value later is gated on
>> ARM_SMMU_FEAT_PRI, so the fact that it changes from 0 to an error value
>> in the absence of PRI should make no practical difference.
>
> It's actually 0 when the vector cannot be found.

Oh, -1 for my reading comprehension but +1 for my confidence in the
patch then :)

I'll let Will have the final say over how cautious we really want to be
here, but as far as I'm concerned it's a welcome cleanup as-is. Ditto
for patch #32 based on the same reasoning, although I don't have a
suitable test platform on-hand to sanity-check that one.

Cheers,
Robin.