Removal of config MACH_FSG and dead reference in LEDS_FSG

Lukas Bulwahn lukas.bulwahn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 23:58:51 PST 2021

Dear Linus,

Your commit b71377b3e1e0 ("ARM: ixp4xx: Delete the Freecom FSG-3
boardfiles") removes the config MACH_FSG. Hence, the config LEDS_FSG
and its corresponding driver leds-fsg.c is effectively not selectable.
I do not know much about how with device trees we ensure that specific
drivers are selected, or how Kconfig build dependencies are combined
with device trees properly here. So, I do not know what the right
patch is here.

Was it intended that this code is now made obsolete? Can this driver
really be deleted?

Or does it require just some further adjustment to make the leds-fsg
driver productive again?

This issue was identified with ./scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py, which
reports the following reference to an undefined config:

  MACH_FSG
  Referencing files: drivers/leds/Kconfig

I am happy to support creating a patch, once I understand what needs
to be done in this case.

Best regards,

Lukas