Re: ❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.13.0-rc7 (arm-next, 8ab9b1a9)

Robin Murphy robin.murphy at arm.com
Thu Jul 22 06:51:43 PDT 2021

On 2021-07-22 13:38, Veronika Kabatova wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 6:26 PM Lorenzo Pieralisi
> <lorenzo.pieralisi at arm.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 06:16:01PM +0200, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:

>>> I'd say that this does not look unreasonable at all. Is there any way
>>> we could get this tested on actual hw?
>>
>> Sure, I was meant to follow-up and was caught up in something else,
>> sorry.
>>
>> I will clean up the log, push it out in a branch on Monday, CKI
>> should pick it up. I will also think about other possible testing
>> options.
>>

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the patience with the testing, the stress-ng test couldn't
> deal with a new glibc version and had to be fixed and this week
> has just been crazy.
>
> I managed to do 2 runs of the updated tree with the stress-ng test
> and it didn't hit the problem. Given how unreliably it reproduces it
> doesn't mean all that much. I still have one more run pending and
> can submit more if needed.
>
> However, we ran into a panic with this tree on a completely
> different machine:
>
> https://gitlab.com/-/snippets/2152899/raw/main/snippetfile1.txt

All the warnings from arch_setup_dma_ops() there are (unfortunately)
pretty much legitimate for that platform, and should be gone again since
rc2 with commit c1132702c71f.

> The machine also hit a hardware error during LTP:
>
> https://gitlab.com/-/snippets/2152899/raw/main/snippetfile2.txt

Hmm, if "access mode: secure" in that fault report implies that the
firmnware itself has done something dodgy to raise an SError, I'm not
sure there's much we can do about that...

Robin.