Arm + KASAN + syzbot

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Tue Jan 19 05:17:29 EST 2021

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 11:04 AM Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov at google.com> wrote:

> > You could also try other QEMU machine (I don't know many of them, some
> > time ago I was using exynos defconfig on smdkc210, but without KASAN).
>
> vexpress-a15 seems to be the most widely used and more maintained. It
> works without KASAN. Is there a reason to switch to something else?

Vexpress A15 is as good as any.

It can however be compiled in two different ways depending on whether
you use LPAE or not, and the defconfig does not use LPAE.
By setting CONFIG_ARM_LPAE you more or less activate a totally
different MMU on the same machine, and those are the two
MMUs used by ARM32 systems, so I would test these two.

The other interesting Qemu target that is and was used a lot is
Versatile, versatile_defconfig. This is an older ARMv5 (ARM926EJ-S)
CPU core with less memory, but the MMU should be behaving the same
as vanilla Vexpress.

Yours,
Linus Walleij