Droid 4 charging

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Sat Feb 6 08:14:15 EST 2021

Hi!

(I'm using Leste 5.10 kernel here).

When battery is full, green light is off and 0.00A being drawn from
USB.

But that means that phone is now powered from battery, discharging
it... And soon charging starts again. (Pretty much immediately, for me)

That's bad ... right? It wears the battery out.

If I turn off charging with echo 0 > input_current_limit, 0.2 to 0.4A
is drawn from USB, and battery is not discharged:

root at devuan-droid4:/sys/class/power_supply/usb# echo 0 >  input_current_limit
root at devuan-droid4:/sys/class/power_supply/usb# cat current_now
0

Is that a better way to handle full battery?

Best regards,
								Pavel
--
http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek