BOG: commit 89c7cb1608ac3 ("of/device: Update dma_range_map only when dev has valid dma-ranges") seems to break Pinephone display or LCDC

Paul Kocialkowski paul.kocialkowski at bootlin.com
Fri Feb 5 10:10:18 EST 2021

Hey,

On Tue 02 Feb 21, 16:07, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> > Am 02.02.2021 um 14:42 schrieb Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski at bootlin.com>:
> >
> > Hi Nikolaus,
> >
> > On Tue 02 Feb 21, 11:50, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> >> Hi Paul,

> >> No, it hasn't arrived in v5.11-rc6 (or linux-next) yet.
> >>
> >> But it fixes the issue.
> >
> > Great! The patch should already be on its way to the next RC.
>
> Fine!
>

> > And nice to see you're active on Pinephone as well!
>
> I have a developer unit and the LetuxOS kernel already supports it a little. This is why I observed the issue with -rc6
>
> > You might remember me from
> > the Replicant project, as I've worked a bit on the GTA04 :)
>
> Sure, you are well remembered :)
>
> I still have the dream to revitalize Replicant 4.2 for the GTA04 just for fun. I can already boot to Replicant touch screen with a v5.4 kernel. v5.10 fails when trying to spawn zygote...

Oh I see! I think Android has made some significant progress is its ability
to use mainline (4.2 was an early stage and I remember having to backport
patches to use some mainline features back then).

Maybe it would be easier with Replicant 6, but you'd have to go through the
device bringup phase again, which is never nice.

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Bootlin