next/master bisection: baseline.login on rk3288-rock2-square

Guillaume Tucker guillaume.tucker at collabora.com
Thu Feb 4 10:53:26 EST 2021

On 04/02/2021 15:42, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 at 12:32, Guillaume Tucker
> <guillaume.tucker at collabora.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, I'm running some tests with that fix now and should have
>>> some results shortly.
>>
>> Yes it does fix the issue:
>>
>>   https://lava.collabora.co.uk/scheduler/job/3173819
>>
>> with Ard's fix applied to this test branch:
>>
>>   https://gitlab.collabora.com/gtucker/linux/-/commits/next-20210203-ard-fix/
>>

>> +clang +Nick
>>
>> It's worth mentioning that the issue only happens with kernels
>> built with Clang.  As you can see there are several other arm
>> platforms failing with clang-11 builds but booting fine with
>> gcc-8:
>>
>>   https://kernelci.org/test/job/next/branch/master/kernel/next-20210203/plan/baseline/
>>
>> Here's a sample build log:
>>
>>   https://storage.staging.kernelci.org/gtucker/next-20210203-ard-fix/v5.10-rc4-24722-g58b6c0e507b7-gtucker_single-staging-33/arm/multi_v7_defconfig/clang-11/build.log
>>
>> Essentially:
>>
>>   make -j18 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- LLVM=1 CC="ccache clang" zImage
>>
>> I believe it should be using the GNU assembler as LLVM_IAS=1 is
>> not defined, but there may be something more subtle about it.
>>

> Do you have a link for a failing zImage built from multi_v7_defconfig?

Sure, this one was built from a plain next-20210203:

  http://storage.staging.kernelci.org/gtucker/next-20210203-ard-fix/v5.10-rc4-24722-g58b6c0e507b7-gtucker_single-staging-33/arm/multi_v7_defconfig/clang-11/zImage

You can also find the dtbs, modules and other things in that same
directory.

For the record, here's the test job that used it:

  https://lava.collabora.co.uk/scheduler/job/3173792

Guillaume