[GIT PULL] arm64: dts: updates for v5.17

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Dec 29 17:40:03 PST 2021

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 10:29 AM Matthias Brugger
<matthias.bgg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20/12/2021 17:18, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 9:42 AM Matthias Brugger <mbrugger at suse.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Please take a look on the below patches for aarch64 based MediaTek boards.
> >> In this round we add support for the mt8183 based Acer Crhomebook 314, as well
> >> as we add support to several SKUs for mt8183 based Chromebooks.
> >> Apart from that we add basic support to the mt7986 in both variants (mt7986a,
> >> mt7986b). The difference between the both SoCs are the pin-controller capabilities.
> >>
> >> Hope you are fine with this pull request.
> >
> > I've pulled both tags, but I have two minor comments:
> >
> > - please put "mediatek" into the subject, that helps when looking at
> > the pull requests
> >    with pwclient, which does not show the author by default
> >

> I did this pull request with a lot of time pressure and forgot about it. My
> apologies, I'll try to not forget next time.
>
> > - I was expecting you to send a branch for the new EN7523 SoC as well. Did that
> >    end up not making it in time?
> >

> As I have seen, in the meantime you reviewed some parts yourself. I took the
> first two patches in my tree, but we should coordinate for the rest. If  you
> want to take it through the SOC tree or if I should take it through the mediatek
> tree. As Airoha is a subsidiary of MediaTek, I suppose in the long run, you want
> it do be part of the Mediatek tree, correct?

I talked to Felix about it last week, I think it would be best if you handle the
arch/{arm,arm64}/ bits for Airoha as part of the mach-mediatek and merge
changes the same way as the mt76xx, mt69xx and mt81xx series. For the
initial submission, of en7623, having a single branch that contains both
the arch/* and drivers/* with the appropriate Acks would make the most
sense, to avoid spreading it out over multiple merge windows, though it's
not too late for 5.17.

         Arnd