[GIT PULL 0/5] SoC changes for 5.17

Florian Fainelli f.fainelli at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 09:11:39 PST 2021

Hi Arnd, Olof,

On 12/23/2021 13:31, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> I'm sending out the pull requests for 5.17 early, as I won't have access to
> my workstation for the next two weeks. With only 760 non-merge commits,
> this again feels quieter than the massive previous merge window, but the
> number of changed lines was actually slightly higher.
>
> There are very few changes aside from devicetree patches, most of
> which are for the i.MX, Tegra, Qualcomm, Apple, K3 and Aspeed
> platforms.
>
> We have a couple of new SoCs in existing families:
>
>   - Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1
>   - Qualcomm Snapdragon SDX65
>   - NXP i.MX8ULP
>   - Texas Instruments j721s2
>   - Renesas R-Car S4-8
>
> The time between product announcement and kernel support is fairly short
> for all of these, which is nice. In particular the two Snapdragons were only
> announced this month and are the current high end of Qualcomm's products.
> On the other end of the spectrum, we also add support for ST SPEAr320s,
> which was launched 10 years ago.
>
> Aside from the Arm chips, there is also a pull request for a new RISC-V SoC,
> the Starfive JH7100, including some of the basic drivers to make it boot.

There seems to half of the submitted Broadcom SoCs pull request missing
in this one, was there issues with those below:

defconfigs:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20211221220642.2862218-1-f.fainelli@gmail.com/
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20211221220642.2862218-2-f.fainelli@gmail.com/

drivers:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20211221220642.2862218-5-f.fainelli@gmail.com/

Should I resend or fix something in those? Thanks!

Happy holidays!
--
Florian