Regulator naming

Marcel Ziswiler marcel.ziswiler at toradex.com
Wed Dec 15 15:51:18 PST 2021

Hi there

I am trying to get my device trees passing schema validation checks before submitting and stumbled over a few
things here and there. One thing I would like to inquire is whether I truly can not freely name my regulators
(see [1] et. al.). I mean, I am totally fine with the node name having to adhere to some special scheme, after
all the driver will need to somehow map them. However, so far, as for the regulator-name property, I always
used what our hardware designers used in their schematics (e.g. +VDD_SOC or PWR_1V8_MOCI). Should I really no
longer be able to do that?

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/nxp,pca9450-regulator.yaml#n51

Cheers