[GIT PULL] Qualcomm ARM64 DT updates for 5.13

Bjorn Andersson bjorn.andersson at linaro.org
Fri Apr 9 00:05:22 BST 2021

On Thu 08 Apr 16:53 CDT 2021, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 23:05, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 6:06 PM Bjorn Andersson
> > <bjorn.andersson at linaro.org> wrote:
> > > >

> > > I'm about to send you a another set of pull requests with some more
> > > goodies that was lingering on the list. I will take a look to see if I
> > > can follow up on that with some fixes for above warnings - and take
> > > another look at incorporating dtbs_check in my workflow.
> >
> > Ok, sounds good. As I mentioned, I'm also just learning how to use
> > dtbs_check properly. Unfortunately, it takes ages to run on a
> > non-parallel build,
> > and using 'make -j32' as I normally do means the output gets reordered
> > with every run.
> >
> > It's probably ok if you figure out how to only run it for the files you
> > actually change in the Qualcomm tree.
>
> Disabling all non-Qualcomm arches makes `make dtbs_check` a little bit
> less painful.

Yes, this is a trick I'm applying as well.

It would however be nice if one didn't have to disable CONFIG_ARCH_* to
achieve this, or even better if one could run dtbs_check on a single
.dtb. In particular since many of the warnings are resolved by fixing
the bindings, which causes dtbs_check to recheck all files.

Regards,
Bjorn