[GIT,PULL] arm64: dts: hisilicon dts updates for v5.13

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu Apr 8 11:15:05 BST 2021

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 11:53 AM Leizhen (ThunderTown)
<thunder.leizhen at huawei.com> wrote:
> On 2021/4/7 22:31, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 5:06 PM Wei Xu <xuwei5 at hisilicon.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi ARM-SoC team,
> >>
> >> Please consider to pull the following changes.
> >> Thanks!
> >
> > I'd prefer to not break compatibility of old kernels with new dts files
> > here, as this would prevent installing an old distro with an ebbr
> > compliant boot loader, for purely cosmetic reasons.  These are used
>
> However, it seems unlikely that users only upgrade dts without upgrading the driver.

The typical scenario is that you upgrade the OS by installing a new
kernel first, and then updating the DT. However, you might want to
still boot into an older kernel, e.g. for testing purposes when something
breaks, or to have multiple operating systems installed in parallel,
picking the rootfs through grub2.

           Arnd