[v4,3/4] reset-controller: ti: introduce a new reset handler

Philipp Zabel p.zabel at pengutronix.de
Fri Sep 11 10:26:34 EDT 2020

Hi Crystal,

On Fri, 2020-09-11 at 14:07 +0800, Crystal Guo wrote:
[...]
> Should I add the SoC-specific data as follows?
> This may also modify the ti original code, is it OK?
>
> +       data->reset_data = of_device_get_match_data(&pdev->dev);
> +
> +       list = of_get_property(np, data->reset_data->reset_bits, &size);
>
> +static const struct common_reset_data ti_reset_data = {
> +       .reset_op_available = false,
> +       .reset_bits = "ti, reset-bits",
                            ^
That space doesn't belong there.

> +};
> +
> +static const struct common_reset_data mediatek_reset_data = {
> +       .reset_op_available = true,
> +       .reset_bits = "mediatek, reset-bits",
> +};

I understand Robs comments as meaning "ti,reset-bits" should have been
called "reset-bits" in the first place, and you shouldn't repeat adding
the vendor prefix, as that is implied by the compatible. So this should
probably be just "reset-bits".

Otherwise this looks like it should work.

regards
Philipp