Mailing list about low levels of Linux on cellphones

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Tue Sep 8 18:56:10 EDT 2020

Hi!

It seems there is quite a lot of efforts porting kernel to various
cellphones.

Librem 5 and PinePhone have their own hardware, people around Maemo
Leste work with Nokia N900 and Droid 4, there's group working with
Sony cellphones, there are postmarketOS people and there are probably
groups I don't know about.

I believe some coordination would be useful, so we end up with
compatible solutions for various problems.

It would be also good to know how ther hardware is progressing. I'd
really like to have phone I could use as a _phone_, running mainline
kernel. So far N900 with original Maemo is closest I could get.

Would it be possible to create a mailing list on vger.kernel.org?
Probably phones@ or phone-devel@? I believe it would be useful to
cover hardware-dependend pieces of the phone stack (ofono,
modemmanager) as well as kernel.

Best regards,

									Pavel