EBSA-110 hardware looking for a new home (if not, disposal)

Russell King - ARM Linux admin linux at armlinux.org.uk
Sun Sep 6 09:29:28 EDT 2020

Hi,

I'm about to get rid of the EBSA-110 hardware, which is the original
StrongARM-110 evaluation board, the very first StrongARM system to
run Linux.  I doubt there is any interest in the hardware anymore,
but I thought I should ask.

This hardware forms part of the history of Linux on ARM processors.

https://www.armlinux.org.uk/machines/ebsa110/ebsa110.gif

The board has a pair of 8MB Burst EDO memory SIMMs.  The StrongARM
CPU is in a test socket (bottom left of the photo), which unfortunately
ended up retiring the machine as it became progressively less reliable.
However, the board is designed for the StrongARM to also be soldered
down - if someone wishes to remove the socket.

The board is mounted in a low profile desktop AT case.

I added an additional board connected to some pin headers to slow
write accesses to PCMCIA down so that the PCMCIA slot was functional
with a 3com Ethernet card - that extra hardware is still present.

Paper manuals and board schematics for it are available.

I'll keep it around for a while, but if there's no interest by the
time I decide it has to go (possibly a month, but no later than
Christmas), it will be disposed of.

FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!