[RFC 0/3] clk: imx: Implement blk-ctl driver for i.MX8MN

Jacky Bai ping.bai at nxp.com
Tue Oct 27 21:28:33 EDT 2020

1. For some MIX's BLK_CTL GPRs, it can only be accessed when the MIX PD is on
2. for some MIX's ADB handshake, need to config some BLK_CTL clock_en bit to enable the MIX internal bus clock.

That's why I have concern on implementing such MIX GPR as clock & reset driver, and implementing GPC PD in linux kernel.
It will introduce some chicken-egg issue that not easy to handle in linux kernel.

BR
Jacky Bai