❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.9.0-rc8 (arm-next)

Will Deacon will at kernel.org
Tue Oct 6 08:45:56 EDT 2020

[+Viresh as he wrote this test]

On Tue, Oct 06, 2020 at 12:54:59PM +0200, Iñaki Malerba wrote:
> El 6/10/20 a las 10:22, Will Deacon escribió:
> > On Tue, Oct 06, 2020 at 01:15:18AM -0000, CKI Project wrote:
> >> We ran automated tests on a recent commit from this kernel tree:
> >>
> >>        Kernel repo: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm64/linux.git
> >>             Commit: e37569e28eea - Merge branch 'for-next/late-arrivals' into for-kernelci
> >>
> >> The results of these automated tests are provided below.
> >>
> >>     Overall result: FAILED (see details below)
> >>              Merge: OK
> >>            Compile: OK
> >>              Tests: FAILED
> >>
> >> All kernel binaries, config files, and logs are available for download here:
> >>
> >>   https://arr-cki-prod-datawarehouse-public.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=datawarehouse/2020/10/05/614774
> >
> > Hmm, this link doesn't seem to work (the '10' directory doesn't exist). Do I
> > just need to wait a bit longer?
>
> Thanks for reporting this!
>
> There was a problem on the script that uploads the files. It's fixed now
> and the files are deploying. In a few minutes everything should be there.
>
> Your report also made us realize the link is incorrect, as the prefix
> should be `datawarehouse-public` instead of `datawarehouse` (with the
> correct prefix it should link to the correct folder).
>
> The (now working) link is the following:
>
> https://arr-cki-prod-datawarehouse-public.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=datawarehouse-public/2020/10/05/614774
>
> Sorry for the troubles,

Thanks, that works now. It looks like the failure is in the timed semaphore
tests:

	semop03.c:55: TFAIL: unexpected failure: EAGAIN/EWOULDBLOCK (11)

where the text expects EINTR, but assumedly the timeout is kicking in
so we get EAGAIN. I don't see how the arm64 tree can be causing that, and I
rather suspect that the test is just racy (the timeout is pretty small --
10ms iiuc).

It also looks like this test was only added to LTP in September, so that
would explain why it appears to be a new failure.

Will