[Patch 2/2] cpufreq: tegra194: Fix unlisted boot freq warning

Viresh Kumar viresh.kumar at linaro.org
Mon Oct 5 00:54:14 EDT 2020

On 16-09-20, 22:41, Sumit Gupta wrote:
> Warning coming during boot because the boot freq set by bootloader
> gets filtered out due to big freq steps while creating freq_table.
> Fixing this by setting closest ndiv value from freq_table.
> Warning:
>   cpufreq: cpufreq_online: CPU0: Running at unlisted freq
>   cpufreq: cpufreq_online: CPU0: Unlisted initial frequency changed
>
> Also, added change in init to wait till current frequency becomes
> equal or near to the previously requested frequency. This is done
> because it takes some time to restore the previous frequency while
> turning-on non-boot cores during exit from SC7(Suspend-to-RAM).

So you are trying to figure if the frequency is listed in freq-table or not,
otherwise setting the frequency to a value you think is appropriate. Right ?

This is what the cpufreq core already does when it printed these boot time
messages. Do we really need to add this much code in here ?

If you really don't want to see the warning, how about fixing it the way cpufreq
core does ? i.e. with this call:

ret = __cpufreq_driver_target(policy, policy->cur - 1, CPUFREQ_RELATION_L);

--
viresh