❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.10.0-rc5 (arm-next)

Will Deacon will at kernel.org
Fri Nov 27 04:09:22 EST 2020

[+Mark, since this is basically hammering on his lockdep/tracing fixes]

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 07:58:13AM -0000, CKI Project wrote:
> We ran automated tests on a recent commit from this kernel tree:
>
>        Kernel repo: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm64/linux.git
>             Commit: 770428a3d2c3 - arm64: sdei: fix arm64_{enter,exit}_nmi() calls
>
> The results of these automated tests are provided below.
>
>     Overall result: FAILED (see details below)
>              Merge: OK
>            Compile: OK
>              Tests: FAILED
>
> All kernel binaries, config files, and logs are available for download here:
>
>   https://arr-cki-prod-datawarehouse-public.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=datawarehouse-public/2020/11/26/618759
>
> One or more kernel tests failed:
>
>     aarch64:
>      ❌ LTP

This guy is just perf_event_open02, and I'm not worried about it. The
overhead of PROVE_LOCKING and friends is likely the culprit (and I see
stuff in dmesg about throttling the sample period).

>      ❌ storage: software RAID testing

This one has an interested RCU splat, but it looks like a straight-up
bug to me:

  drivers/md/raid10.c:1732 suspicious rcu_dereference_check() usage!

as there appears to be two calls to rcu_dereference() outside of a read-side
critical section introduced relatively recently by bcc90d280465 ("md/raid10:
improve raid10 discard request").

I've added the folks from that commit. Full logs at:

https://arr-cki-prod-datawarehouse-public.s3.amazonaws.com/datawarehouse-public/2020/11/26/618759/build_aarch64_redhat%3A1038231/tests/storage_software_RAID_testing/9107170_aarch64_2_dmesg.log

But anyway, Mark, your stuff seems to be holding up. Thanks.

Will