i.MX8MM Clock errors and caam failure on 5.10-rc4

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 17:43:05 EST 2020

I have a board which uses Bluetooth on UART1 similar to the 8mm-evk.
The serial port for the BT needs to run at 80MHz because I have the
baud rate of the serial part set to 4M.

I thought I'd give the 5.10-RC's a try.  I found some issues that
concern me, but before I go back to bisect, I thought I'd ask if
people are aware of it and/or have ideas.  The BT is failing to
operate as is the caam engine, and it seems to be related to some
clocking issues.

     Failed to get clock for /timer at 306a0000
     Failed to initialize '/timer at 306a0000': -22
     clk: failed to reparent uart1 to sys_pll1_80m: -16
     clk: failed to reparent uart3 to sys_pll1_80m: -16
     caam 30900000.caam: Failed to get clk 'ipg': -2
     caam 30900000.caam: Failed to request all necessary clocks
     caam: probe of 30900000.caam failed with error -2

I jumped ahead to linux-next to see if there were any upstream fixes
implemented but it throws the same errors.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to try them.  If not, I'll spend
some time bisecting.

adam