./include/generated/autoconf.h:1601:33: fatal error: mach/debug-macro.S: No such file or directory

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Wed Nov 11 03:51:26 EST 2020

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 7:18 AM kernel test robot <lkp at intel.com> wrote:

>    In file included from include/linux/kconfig.h:7,
>                     from <command-line>:
> >> ./include/generated/autoconf.h:1601:33: fatal error: mach/debug-macro.S: No such file or directory
>     1601 | #define CONFIG_DEBUG_LL_INCLUDE "mach/debug-macro.S"
>          |                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>    compilation terminated.

This is an interesting one!

It happens when CONFIG_DEBUG_LL_INCLUDE does not have a custom
debug header for the platform under arch/arm/include/debug and the
KConfig falls through to the default value, which is <mach/debug-macro.S>.

Only that the majority is not using <mach/*> anymore.

I feel a bit like setting the default to debug/8250.S or something.

Suggestions?

Then the actual bug exposed:

The config tested by the robot is using
CONFIG_ARCH_AT91=y
CONFIG_SOC_SAMV7=y

When I look into Kconfig.debug it seems that this will define
DEBUG_AT91_SAMV7_USART1 but only a physical address,
no virtual address and and actually no debug header. It seems
LL_DEBUG is broken on SAMV7 and never really worked
so now that crops up.

Nicolas, something that should be fixed, I think?

Yours,
Linus Walleij