[perf metricgroup] fcc9c5243c: perf-sanity-tests.Parse_and_process_metrics.fail

Ian Rogers irogers at google.com
Tue Nov 3 11:05:38 EST 2020

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 6:43 AM John Garry <john.garry at huawei.com> wrote:

> >> Hi Ian,
> >>     Checked in upstream kernel with your fix patch, in powerpc also test case 67 is passing.
> >> But I am getting issue in test 10 for powerpc
> >>
> >> [command]# ./perf test 10
> >> 10: PMU events                                                      :
> >> 10.1: PMU event table sanity                                        : Ok
> >> 10.2: PMU event map aliases                                         : Ok
> >> 10.3: Parsing of PMU event table metrics                            : Skip (some metrics failed)
> >> 10.4: Parsing of PMU event table metrics with fake PMUs             : FAILED!
> >>
> >> Was debugging it, issue is with commit e1c92a7fbbc5 perf tests: Add another metric parsing test.
> >>
> >> So, there we are passing different runtime parameter value in "expr__find_other and expr__parse"
> >> in function `metric_parse_fake`. I believe we need to send same value.
> >> I will send fix patch for the same.
>
> Just wondering, was a patch ever submitted for this? Something still
> broken? I can't see any recent relevant changes to tests/pmu-events.c

The test itself shouldn't have changed, but the json files parsed by
jevents and turned into C code that the test exercises should have
changed. Jin Yao has sent two patch sets fixing a metric issue on SKL
(Skylake non-server) that should hopefully fix the issue there - I'll
check the status on these. Are you testing on Skylake?

Thanks,
Ian