ERROR: modpost: "__udivdi3" [fs/btrfs/btrfs.ko] undefined!

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Tue Nov 3 04:47:22 EST 2020

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 10:43 AM Naresh Kamboju
<naresh.kamboju at linaro.org> wrote:
> Linux next 20201103 tag make modules failed for i386 and arm
> architecture builds.
>
> Error log:
>   LD [M]  fs/btrfs/btrfs.o
>   MODPOST Module.symvers
> ERROR: modpost: "__udivdi3" [fs/btrfs/btrfs.ko] undefined!
> scripts/Makefile.modpost:111: recipe for target 'Module.symvers' failed
> make[2]: *** [Module.symvers] Error 1
>
> Full build log,
> https://ci.linaro.org/view/lkft/job/openembedded-lkft-linux-next/DISTRO=lkft,MACHINE=intel-core2-32,label=docker-lkft/891/consoleText
> https://ci.linaro.org/view/lkft/job/openembedded-lkft-linux-next/DISTRO=lkft,MACHINE=am57xx-evm,label=docker-lkft/891/consoleText
>
> --
> Linaro LKFT
> https://lkft.linaro.org

Yeah, I had a look earlier today, thanks to the kisskb builder, and
the btrfs people are working on a fix.
Interestingly, the issue was reported in September, and still entered
linux-next, so we all had a great time to look into it ;-)

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-btrfs/202009160107.DZZO6Dfi%25lkp@intel.com/
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-btrfs/20201102073114.66750-1-wqu@suse.com/

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert