[Question] How to testing SDEI client driver

Gavin Shan gshan at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 01:17:55 EDT 2020

Hi Folks,

I'm currently looking into SDEI client driver and reworking on it so that
it can provide capability/services to arm64/kvm to get it virtualized. The
primary reason is we want to use SDEI to deliver the asynchronous page fault
notification from host to guest.

The code of rework on SDEI client driver, including some cleanup, is almost
done. Currently, I have issues on how to test/verify the client driver. Any
suggestions regarding this are appreciated.

It seems that TRF (Trusted Firmware) is the only firmware with SDEI service
implemented and supported. If so, does it mean I need to install TRF on my
bare metal machine? I'm wandering how it can be installed and not sure if
there is any document about this.

Besides, GHES seems the only user of SDEI in the linux kernel. If so, is
there a way to inject the relevant errors and how?

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Thanks,
Gavin