[GIT PULL] ARM: soc: Xilinx SOC changes for v5.9

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Jul 31 04:27:09 EDT 2020

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:39 AM Michal Simek <monstr at monstr.eu> wrote:

> Rajan Vaja (1):
>       drivers: soc: xilinx: Call InitFinalize from late_initcall_sync instead of probe

I looked at the contents and decided not to pull this one branch, as it looks
like this patch would introduce a regression on all non-zynq machines.

Rajan, please check this patch again and make sure that we do not
call a zynq specific interface without ensuring that the kernel is actually
running on zynq. That check might be there, but I could not see how it
is ensured. Generally speaking, initcall() needs be used very carefully.

      Arnd