[GIT PULL] KASan for Arm, v12

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Tue Jul 21 03:36:46 EDT 2020

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 8:01 PM Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am still seeing crashes similar to the ones reported before with this
> pull request, but maybe we can get it merged and address it later on
> since this has been waiting forever to be merged.

We definitely need it fixed, my current working assumption is that at
least some of it is a result of the kernel growing big as a result of
enabling KASan.

Can you try to inspect the early memblock.memory.regions[0]
mapping debug prints as I pointed out here:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/CACRpkdYoMiVtnQEUiXy3Ezf3Z0dEQSVyA-9emDeewRKwonoUHQ@mail.gmail.com/#t

On the APQ8060 it seems the first memblock does not fit the
kernel+attached devicetree and the devicetree ends up in the
unmapped memory that is cleared by prepare_page_table()
but the Broadcom problem may be another one altogether.

Yours,
Linus Walleij