[GIT PULL] soc: mediatek: updates for v5.6

Matthias Brugger matthias.bgg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 13:52:29 PST 2020

On 17/01/2020 20:22, Olof Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 2:18 AM Matthias Brugger <matthias.bgg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Olof,
>> Hi ARnds,
>>
>> Please have a look on the following patches for mediatek soc drivers for v5.6
>>
>> I includes the stable branch v5.5-next/cmdq-stable which should also be merged
>> in the DRM tree. I'm not very familiar with providing a stable tree, although I
>> double-checked that in the pull request to the DRM tree the commit IDs are the
>> same, I thought it is worth noting.
>
> I'm a little confused as to how the dependencies are expected to line up here.
>
> Does your non-DRM contents rely on the DRM pieces? If so, you need
> them to be based on top of that branch to make sure they are
> bisectable, not merge the DRM branch in on top (since a bisect might
> land on a commit before the merge).

No, it's the other way round. DRM relies on the four patches I took from Bibby
Hsieh. They are part of v5.5-next/cmdq-stable and this branch was merged into
v5.5-next/soc as well as in Ck Hu's DRM branch. My understanding is that Ck Hu
sends pull requests to the DRM branch.

> But... I also don't see how there's any actual dependency here? There
> are a few cleanups, the DRM branch builds without them, and the branch
> when checked out right before the DRM merge in your pull request, also
> builds.

The patches add some helper functions like cmdq_dev_get_client_reg on which the
DRM branch from Ck Hu depends [1].

Hope that clarifies your questions.
Regards,
Matthias