[GIT PULL] soc: mediatek: updates for v5.6

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Fri Jan 17 11:22:50 PST 2020

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 2:18 AM Matthias Brugger <matthias.bgg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Olof,
> Hi ARnds,
>
> Please have a look on the following patches for mediatek soc drivers for v5.6
>
> I includes the stable branch v5.5-next/cmdq-stable which should also be merged
> in the DRM tree. I'm not very familiar with providing a stable tree, although I
> double-checked that in the pull request to the DRM tree the commit IDs are the
> same, I thought it is worth noting.

I'm a little confused as to how the dependencies are expected to line up here.

Does your non-DRM contents rely on the DRM pieces? If so, you need
them to be based on top of that branch to make sure they are
bisectable, not merge the DRM branch in on top (since a bisect might
land on a commit before the merge).

But... I also don't see how there's any actual dependency here? There
are a few cleanups, the DRM branch builds without them, and the branch
when checked out right before the DRM merge in your pull request, also
builds.

-Olof