Re: ❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.5.0-rc6-40f39e8.cki (arm-next)

Veronika Kabatova vkabatov at redhat.com
Thu Jan 16 06:14:49 PST 2020

----- Original Message -----

> From: "Ard Biesheuvel" <ard.biesheuvel at linaro.org>
> To: "CKI Project" <cki-project at redhat.com>
> Cc: "Jianwen Ji" <jiji at redhat.com>, "Hangbin Liu" <haliu at redhat.com>,
> "Catalin Marinas" <catalin.marinas at arm.com>, "Jianlin Shi"
> <jishi at redhat.com>, "Will Deacon" <will at kernel.org>, "linux-arm-kernel"
> <linux-arm-kernel at lists.infradead.org>
> Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:30:06 PM
> Subject: Re: ❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.5.0-rc6-40f39e8.cki (arm-next)

> On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 14:20, CKI Project < cki-project at redhat.com > wrote:

> > Hello,
>

> > We ran automated tests on a recent commit from this kernel tree:
>

> > Kernel repo: git:// git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm64/linux.git
>
> > Commit: 40f39e8372fe - Merge branch 'for-next/core' into for-kernelci
>

> > The results of these automated tests are provided below.
>

> > Overall result: FAILED (see details below)
>
> > Merge: OK
>
> > Compile: OK
>
> > Tests: FAILED
>

> > All kernel binaries, config files, and logs are available for download
> > here:
>

> > https://artifacts.cki-project.org/pipelines/385274
>

> > One or more kernel tests failed:
>

> > aarch64:
>
> > ❌ Networking tunnel: gre basic
>
> > ❌ Networking tunnel: vxlan basic
>

> > We hope that these logs can help you find the problem quickly. For the full
>
> > detail on our testing procedures, please scroll to the bottom of this
> > message.
>

> > Please reply to this email if you have any questions about the tests that
> > we
>
> > ran or if you have any suggestions on how to make future tests more
> > effective.
>

> May I kindly suggest that you stop cc'ing the mailing list on automated,
> unmoderated CI results?

> It's great that you run a CI system, but you should really have the minimal
> courtesy to double check failure reports before sending them out into the
> world.

Hi Ard,

we are sorry about that. The testing and emails to the list were requested
by Will a while ago. If he or Catalin change their minds about them we will
stop sending them, in the meanwhile you can always set up a filter.

We are not paid by ARM so the testing is a "strive for the best" effort,
as we have a bunch of ARM machines we're willing to lend to community for
extra coverage. We always cc the test maintainers and also us to take a
look at the issues if they do occur. As Rachel mentioned, we already put
a workaround in place to prevent these issues from happening further so
hopefully you won't get more emails because of these Beaker bugs.

Thanks,
Veronika