[GIT PULL] arm64 updates for 5.11

Catalin Marinas catalin.marinas at arm.com
Tue Dec 15 05:03:42 EST 2020

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 04:29:37PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 10:29 AM Catalin Marinas
> <catalin.marinas at arm.com> wrote:
> >
> >  114 files changed, 2392 insertions(+), 1401 deletions(-)
>
> My diffstat looked quite different, but that turns out to be because
> you use "-C" to generate your patches with not just renames, but file
> copies as well.

Ah, I have diff.renames=copies in my .gitconfig (I don't remember why I
added it; I'll change it to the default in case I forget the "--summary"
option next time).

> That's all fine, but can I ask you to also use "--summary" for your
> diffstat, so that the end oif the diffstat also ends up explaining
> that part (and you end up with a line that says
>
>  copy arch/arm64/include/asm/{alternative.h => alternative-macros.h} (69%)
>
> because as it was, it took me a while to realize why your diffstat
> numbers didn't match mine at all.

Thanks for the hint. I actually did a "git show --stat" on my local
merge commit. This doesn't seem to honour the "--summary" option (at
least the git version I have, 2.20.1). The "git diff --stat --summary"
works as expected.

--
Catalin