pcm|dmaengine|imx-sdma race condition on i.MX6

Benjamin Bara - SKIDATA Benjamin.Bara at skidata.com
Wed Aug 19 10:25:43 EDT 2020

Thank you for the clarifications!

> I don't know how feasible this is to implement in the SDMA dmaengine
> driver. But I think what is should do is to have some flag to indicate
> if a terminate is in progress. If a new transfer is issued while
> terminate is in progress the transfer should go on a list. Once
> terminate finishes it should check the list and start the transfer if
> there are any on the list.

IMHO that's nearly what Robin's patches does, so this should be sufficient:
Putting the descriptors to free in an extra termination list and ensuring
that a new transfer is handled after the last termination is done.

@Robin:
Is it possible to tag the commits for the stable-tree
Cc: stable at vger.kernel.org?

Best regards and thank you all!
Benjamin
Richard