eBPF CO-RE cross-compilation for 32-bit ARM platforms

Jakov Petrina jakov.petrina at sartura.hr
Mon Aug 10 03:52:17 EDT 2020

Hi,

On 07/08/2020 21:00, Russell King - ARM Linux admin wrote:

> For those of us not familiar with what CO-RE is, this doesn't help.
> I assume the [0] was a reference to something that explained it,
> but that isn't included.

the reference [0] is link to a blog post which explains the eBPF CO-RE
concept; I have added this link as a reference below.

> What is "BTF information"?  Google suggests it's something to do with
> the British Thyroid Foundation.
>
> Please don't use three letter abbreviations unless they are widely
> understood, or if you wish to, please ensure that you explain them.
> TLAs otherwise are an exclusion mechanism.
> >
> What is this "vmlinux.h" ?  It isn't something that the kernel provides
> afaics.  It doesn't seem to be present on my existing x86 Debian system.
> I've seen it on Fedora systems in the dim and distant past.
>
> Where do you think it comes from?  Where are you finding it?

The blog post [0] provides description and context for the references
and abbreviations used, but in the future I will be sure to avoid using
abbreviations unless they are commonly understood.

[0]
https://facebookmicrosites.github.io/bpf/blog/2020/02/19/bpf-portability-and-co-re.html

Regards,
--