[PATCH] ARM: dma-mapping: update comment about handling dma_ops when detaching from IOMMU
wsa+renesas at sang-engineering.com
Fri Sep 14 09:11:05 PDT 2018
Update the comment because we don't set the pointer to NULL anymore.
Also use the correct pointer name 'dma_ops' instead of 'dma_map_ops'.
Fixes: 1874619a7df4 ("ARM: dma-mapping: Set proper DMA ops in arm_iommu_detach_device()")
Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang <wsa+renesas at sang-engineering.com>
Reviewed-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas at glider.be>
Changes from RFC:
* split out from bigger series and sent seperately to alkml
* added Geert's tag (thanks!)
arch/arm/mm/dma-mapping.c | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/arch/arm/mm/dma-mapping.c b/arch/arm/mm/dma-mapping.c
index 66566472c153..e3b04786838f 100644
@@ -2287,7 +2287,7 @@ EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(arm_iommu_attach_device);
* @dev: valid struct device pointer
* Detaches the provided device from a previously attached map.
- * This voids the dma operations (dma_map_ops pointer)
+ * This overwrites the dma_ops pointer with appropriate non-IOMMU ops.
void arm_iommu_detach_device(struct device *dev)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel