[FAIL bisect] Sound card probe error

Krzysztof Kozlowski krzk at kernel.org
Mon May 14 05:50:52 PDT 2018

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 2:45 PM, Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk at kernel.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Sylwester Nawrocki
> <s.nawrocki at samsung.com> wrote:
>> On 05/14/2018 02:29 PM, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
>>> Ah, I missed these messages because I was looking at err dmesg level
>>> (and for some reason these are warn). Anyway do you have any thoughts
>>> how is it connected with missing Odroid XU3 sound card and max98090
>>> codec?
>>
>> One reason is that the DRM driver registers an ASoC codec object which
>> is required for the sound card registration to complete. But I wonder
>> why there is no any error messages related to this.
>
> Thanks Marek and Sylwester. Another point is that probably OOPS later
> should not happen...

Separate topic (trim Cc list):

... and this means that disabling Exynos DRM causes lack of Audio. I
tried it now and indeed without DRM there is no audio again. I think
it is not nice... There are not many such use cases but there are
(playing audio from console/ssh with a headless board).\

Best regards,
Krzysztof