Regression with arm in next with stack protector

陈华才 chenhc at lemote.com
Tue Mar 27 01:29:12 PDT 2018

Allwinner devices are OK, Exynos devices (except 4210) are OK.

From:  "Tony Lindgren"<tony at atomide.com>;
Date:  Mon, Mar 26, 2018 11:37 PM
To:  "陈华才"<chenhc at lemote.com>;
Subject:  Re: Regression with arm in next with stack protector

* 陈华才 <chenhc at lemote.com> [180326 06:59]:
> Hi, Tony and Fabio,
>
> Could you please upload your kernel binary to somewhere for me? I don't understand why some ARM boards is OK while others are broken.

Well the kernel I'm testing is just current Linux next cross
compiled omap2plus_defconfig kernel. I do have few more config
options enabled like LOCKDEP and DEBUG_ATOMIC_SLEEP, but I
doubt they matter here :)

Then I'm using gcc-7.3.0 and binutils-2.30 built with the
buildall.git scripts:

git://git.infradead.org/users/segher/buildall.git

If you still need binaries, let me know.

Do you know which arm devices are working with your patch?

Regards,

Tony