mmc1 timeout issue with rpi3

Phil Elwell phil at raspberrypi.org
Wed Jan 17 11:38:00 PST 2018

Hi Sergey,

On 17/01/2018 18:52, Sergey Suloev wrote:
> Hi Phil
>
> thank you for that detail. But I am using the same power supply that I have been always using for my rpi3. It worked with a raspbian image and I never had such issues.
>
> Thanks

[ This is the "top posting" crime that Stefan was referring to. We are supposed to add comments inline
or at the end. ]

A different kernel will have different timing and current requirements. To rule out a
marginal supply, boot a standard Raspbian image and run "vcgencmd get_throttled". An
answer other than 0x0 (likely 0x50000, but possibly 0x50005) indicates that undervoltage
has occurred (and is possibly still ocurring). This may not be enough to trigger a
malfunction, but the potential is there.

Phil