DRM: double free in rcar_du_vsp.c

Volodymyr Babchuk volodymyr_babchuk at epam.com
Wed Jan 17 07:52:50 PST 2018

Hello,

I have found issue with double free() in RCAR DU VSP driver. it is
caused by rcar_du_vsp_plane_atomic_duplicate_state(), which duplicates
struct rcar_du_vsp_plane_state. This struct holds sg_tables which are
then freed in rcar_du_vsp_plane_cleanup_fb(). This function is called
for every rcar_du_vsp_plane_state, so it calls sg_free_table() twice for
the same sg_table.

I'm not familiar with DRM, so I can't say why this does not occur every
time, but this bug caused problems on our setup from time to time. Looks
like it occurs only under heavy system load.

As I said, I'm not good in DRM, so I don't know the proper fix. But you
can find workaround at [1]. I don't know how good it is, but at least
it resolved issue on our setup. If drm guys think that this fix is fine
enough, I can push it to the  ML for a proper review.

[1]
https://github.com/lorc/linux/commit/80155506d3499273155366a1d263a81baface718

Cheers,
--