PM regression in next

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Fri Jan 12 13:38:45 PST 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 01:07:06PM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> Tturns out just adding back .read = twl4030_read fixes it..
> I added a dummy function for read and am now seeing a bunch
> of reads that now don't happen:

What's supposed to happen here is that you end up with a
component->regmap set and snd_soc_component_read() uses that to do the
read.  That normally gets retrieved via dev_get_regmap() but it looks
like this is broken here by the rather novel chip design confusing the
assumptions that code makes.  I *think* that setting the regmap to
twl_get_regmap(TWL4030_MODULE_AUDIO_VOICE) using
snd_soc_codec_init_regmap() in twl4030_soc_probe ought to do the trick
(assuming my guesses about what's going on are right) but can't test.

I'd check twl6040 too, I bet it's got the same issue.