EDAC driver for ARMv8 L1/L2 cache

Thor Thayer thor.thayer at linux.intel.com
Fri Jan 12 08:38:16 PST 2018

On 01/09/2018 03:51 PM, York Sun wrote:
> On 01/09/2018 01:43 PM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
>> Adding some more people to CC.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 08:48:43PM +0000, York Sun wrote:
>>> Borislav,
>>>
>>> Are you aware of any existing (or in development) EDAC driver for ARMv8
>>> L1/L2 cache? I am thinking to write one if not available yet.
>>
>> no I'm not but I see two EDAC drivers for ARM64: thunderx and xgene.
>>
>> Please synchronize with their authors and ARM people what would be the
>> best thing to do and try extracting shared functionality from them
>> into a common compilation unit instead of duplicating it. I don't want
>> separate drivers per functional unit.
>>

> Thanks for the pointer. Thunderx and xgene's drivers have different
> implementation on the hardware. I found one patch closer to what I
> expect, https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7513231/. I don't see
> activities after 2015. I will reach out to the author.
>
> York

Hi York,

I'll be adding EDAC support for our Stratix10 (Quad ARM Cortex A-53) at
some point but I'm not sure when it is scheduled - probably in the next
few months. I'll be going through the same process of comparing our
architecture to others. Below are links to the Stratix10.

https://www.altera.com/products/soc/portfolio/stratix-10-soc/overview.html
https://www.altera.com/products/soc/portfolio/stratix-10-soc/support.html