Linux-next broken for 2 weeks was Re: n900 in next-20170901

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Mon Sep 18 01:11:09 PDT 2017

Hi!

> > > OK, no extra output of current next with CONFIG_DEBUG_VIRTUAL=y.
> > > Booting of n900 hangs with just the same error:
> > >
> > > save_secure_sram() returns 0000ff02

> > > I doubt that QEMU n900 boots in secure mode but instead shows
> > > the SoC as general purpose SoC. If so, you'd have to patch the
> > > omap3_save_secure_ram_context() to attempt to save secure RAM
> > > context in all cases. If that works then debugging with any
> > > omap3 board like beagleboard in QEMU should work.
> >
> > Okay, linux-next from today still does not boot on n900. Is it
> > something new, or was this still not fixed in -next?
>
> Hello,
>
> Still not fixed in -next since I cannot regenerate the error.

Unfortunately, rest of the world can reproduce the error, and it means
linux-next is useless for us.

I'd expect you to drop the relevant tree from linux-next when the
error was reported. Clearly, those patches are unsuitable for 4.15, as
they are broken, so they should not be in linux-next.

Thanks,
									Pavel