ARM: pxa/corgi: armv5te kernel 4.12 fails to decompress compiled with gcc7

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 01:02:48 PDT 2017

<cut>

Hi,

I am trying to debug further but I don't have any output on serial console...
I enabled:

CONFIG_DEBUG_LL=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_PXA_UART1=y
# CONFIG_DEBUG_ICEDCC is not set
# CONFIG_DEBUG_SEMIHOSTING is not set
# CONFIG_DEBUG_LL_UART_8250 is not set
# CONFIG_DEBUG_LL_UART_PL01X is not set
CONFIG_DEBUG_LL_INCLUDE="debug/8250.S"
CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_8250=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_PHYS=0x40100000
CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_VIRT=0xf6200000
CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_8250_SHIFT=2
# CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_8250_WORD is not set
# CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_8250_PALMCHIP is not set
# CONFIG_DEBUG_UART_8250_FLOW_CONTROL is not set
CONFIG_UNCOMPRESS_INCLUDE="mach/uncompress.h"
CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y

then I added #define DEBUG  to both head.S and decompress.c under
arm/boot/compressed.
I added earlyprintk to the cmdline args used by the kexec bootloader but nothing

That kernel does boot silently, just 'Uncompresing..' then
'XZ-compressed data is corrupt -- System halted'

I do have output from the Angel bootloader at 9600 and by the kernel
at 115200 so the uart is working...
Any hint?
Thanks
Andrea