DryIce , RTC not working on imx53.

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 03:42:25 PST 2017

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 7:53 AM, Juergen Borleis <jbe at pengutronix.de> wrote:

> After a quick look into the reference manuals:
>
> Patch 5b72505 ("ARM: dts: imx53: add srtc node") is bad. The i.MX53 provides
> an RTC more close to the i.MX6 instead (e.g. rtc-snvs.c). But unfortunately
> it uses a different register layout than the i.MX6 does. So we can't use
> this driver without i.MX53 specific adaptions.
> But at least 5b72505 should be reverted.

Agreed. Looked in the vendor kernel and this is the rtc driver for mx53:
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/tree/drivers/rtc/rtc-mxc_v2.c?h=imx_2.6.35_11.09.01

,which is a different one from the dryice one:
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/tree/drivers/rtc/rtc-imxdi.c?h=imx_2.6.35_11.09.01

I will send a revert for 5b72505 ("ARM: dts: imx53: add srtc node").

Thanks