next/master boot: 273 boots: 63 failed, 209 passed with 1 untried/unknown (next-20171106)

Jon Hunter jonathanh at nvidia.com
Thu Nov 9 13:45:07 PST 2017

On 09/11/17 19:03, Guillaume Tucker wrote:

> Alright, so here's all the results I got all based on
> next-20171109 and running on tegra124-nyan-big:
>
>   * plain multi_v7_defconfig, passes:
>     https://lava.collabora.co.uk/scheduler/job/981295
>
>   * CONFIG_MODULES disabled, fails:
>     https://lava.collabora.co.uk/scheduler/job/981342
>
>   * CONFIG_MODULES and CONFIG_DRM_NOUVEAU disabled, also fails:
>     https://lava.collabora.co.uk/scheduler/job/981343

This is the crash in the EC driver that I mentioned before. You need to
add the fix for the EC driver to avoid this BUG_ON.

I was able to bisect this manually dancing around the various bugs and
it points to this commit ...

commit 7313cfa4f6e30384fa04083698d1e865cf812a6a
Author: Ben Skeggs <bskeggs at redhat.com>
Date:   Wed Nov 1 03:56:19 2017 +1000

    drm/nouveau/bar: move bar1 initialisation into its own function

Unfortunately, I cannot revert cleanly on top of next-20171109 and so I
cannot confirm.

Ben, we are seeing a hang on Tegra when booting with CONFIG_DRM_NOUVEAU
enabled. Apart from the above bisect result, I don't have much else to
go on at the moment. Let me know if you have any thoughts or anything to
test.

Cheers
Jon

--