[CFT] Always enable SMP mode on MP capable CPUs

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at armlinux.org.uk
Thu May 25 11:05:41 PDT 2017

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 08:11:03AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at armlinux.org.uk> [170525 07:51]:
> > On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 08:38:47AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > > * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at armlinux.org.uk> [170519 10:19]:
> > >
> > > Looks like commit e414690faa81 ("ARM: always enable SMP mode on SMP cores")
> > > causes booting to fail early at least on omap4430 duovero. It's a bit of
> > > a mystery as it is SMP.. And pandboard es (4460) and droid 4 (4430) work
> > > without the conditional write..
> > >
> > > Partial revert like below seems to make it boot again.
> >
> > Thanks for testing, I'll integrate your change, and it should be in
> > tonight's linux-next.
>
> OK. That may not work on am437x though as it's UP.

Maybe this is just too complicated to grasp - in which case just test
tonight's linux-next on *all* your boards irrespective of the CPU, and
let me know if there's a regression due to this patch, giving me full
details of your CPUs (CPU ID numbers, number of CPUs, etc.)  If no one
reports a regression that doesn't get fixed, I'll merge it during the
next merge window.

(I can't believe that this is proving to be soo complicated...)

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.