Updating kernel.org cross compilers?

Chris Metcalf cmetcalf at mellanox.com
Tue May 23 11:15:20 PDT 2017

On 05/09/2017 10:59 AM, Andre Przywara wrote:
> On 30/04/17 06:29, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 03:14:16PM +0100, Andre Przywara wrote:
>>> It seems that many people (even outside the Linux kernel community) use
>>> the cross compilers provided at kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool.
>>> The latest compiler I find there is 4.9.0, which celebrated its third
>>> birthday at the weekend, also has been superseded by 4.9.4 meanwhile.
>>>
>>> So I took Segher's buildall scripts from [1] and threw binutils 2.28 and
>>> GCC 6.3.0 at them.

I am belatedly catching up on this thread.  It sounds like the
tilegx/tilepro issues were sorted out -- as someone noted, you need
to have the kernel headers available to build glibc.  However, if
there are any outstanding tile issues, please feel free to loop me in!

--
Chris Metcalf, Mellanox Technologies
http://www.mellanox.com