Regression: 442ec4c04d1: PCI: dwc: all: Split struct pcie_port into host-only and core structures

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Tue May 9 03:21:24 PDT 2017

Hi Peter,

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 3:34 AM, Peter Senna Tschudin
<peter.senna at collabora.com> wrote:

> Something that ocurred to me is that u-boot is initializing the PCI, and
> the PCI networkd cards.  Ideally this should not affect anything, but
> can this be related to the issue?

Yes, in order to narrow things down: please boot 4.11 without PCI
support in U-Boot.

The problem is that mx6q does not have a way to properly reset the PCI block.

On the board I tested there is no PCI support in U-Boot.

Maybe we need the following approach in U-Boot as Lucas did for Barebox:
https://git.pengutronix.de/cgit/barebox/commit/?id=f1da98da2760c21487bbba8f7fb957c843a22896

According to this patch that went into 4.11 the bootloader must put
PCI back in a safe state:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9528911