fsl, imx-parallel-display Question

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 06:55:20 PDT 2017

I am trying to use a parallel LCD with an i.MX6Q board using the
device tree, but I was hoping to do it in the device tree itself
instead of modifying the "panel-simple" driver that most imx6q devices
appear to use.  I have an omap product with the LCD, and I was hoping
to just re-use the panel timings, etc.

I found imx6q-tx6q-1010-comtft.dts didn't use "panel-simple", but
using that as an example doesn't work, for me yet I can get it working
with "panel-simple"

Looking at the driver for parallel-display.c, I states that "port at 1"
is the output port which is consistent with most of the boards that
use "panel-simple" but imx6q-tx6q-1010-comtft.dts does not have this.
The other thing I noticed is that "panel-simple" devices have an gpio
enable which I need, but but imx6q-tx6q-1010-comtft.dts does not have
this either.

Is "panel-simple" the only solution, or is there a way to integrate
the display info into the device tree and keep the enable-gpios stuff?
 Is imx6q-tx6q-1010-comtft.dts doing something wrong?

adam